Works overview: Pontoon Provider was asked to supply floating access for bridge repairs and painting.
- - Night construction
- - Road closures.
- - Bridge running at 45 degrees to bank edge.
- - Steep bank edges.
What we did:
- - Initial site visit - Established all known areas of work.
- - Supplied a 250 square meter pontoon that covered the entire underside of the bridge – this design benefited our client in many ways.
- - Created a walk-on /walk-off system giving workforce safe access on and off the pontoon resulting in no time lost ferrying materials and labour.
RESULTS: A HAPPY WORKFORCE AND A VERY HAPPY CLIENT!
Pontoon Provider pointed out potential hazards in initial site visit, overcame all obstacles with strategy and design ensuring a safe and efficient work environment. As a result the project was a complete success. The underside of the bridge was painted in less time than allocated because of Pontoon Provider’s designs, products, equipment, methodology and assistance. The SIMPLE and SAFE access meant a saving of 32 billable working hours and transfer time from the bank to the underside of the bridge.
- - Rear mounted Hiab wagon with crane attachment.
- - 250 square meters of CUBISYSTEM Pontoons.
- - 6 meter bespoke gangway.
- - Edge protection.
- - 2 RYA Certified Operatives
How to book your pontoon hire
Get in touch
No job too large, or too small.. We are more than happy to discuss our Walkways and Gangways services with you as well as give you a breakdown of costs. To get in touch, you can either use our website enquiry form, or telephone us directly to speak with one of our floating pontoon technicians.
GET IN TOUCH:
Office: 01206 382317 or Ben Clegg: 07530 838766