Works Overview: Pontoon Provider was tasked to supply a movable, floating workforce access to an inaccessible brick wall on a user-friendly, public access river.
- - Design a platform that had movable sections of working area.
- - Limited installation area.
- - Design to fit a curved wall – to stop debris falling in the water, Pontoon Provider’s design had to snugly build the pontoon so that it sat close to the wall and wrapped around a corner.
- - To leave enough of the navigable river free for river users whilst maintaining safe access on the working platform.
What we did:
- - Initial site visit to establish all known areas of work.
- - Install a 50m x 2m floating walkway to the working site for safe and simple access.
- - Designed platform walkway with a movable working platform for easy access.
- - Install mooring eyes on the wall face for secure mooring.
- - Installed a signed and buoyed zone perimeter on water to ensure a safe water course for river users.
- - Lighting the pontoon. Ensuring evening and night river users could see the pontoon.
RESULTS: NO CAUSE FOR CONCERN! DIFFICULT SITE OBSTACLES OVERCOME WITH BESPOKE DESIGN AND ASTUTE PROJECT MANAGEMENT.
Pontoon Provider specified that the project was organised in the Autumn, ensuring all work could be completed with good air temperatures. The 50m x 2m bespoke floating walkway played a crucial part in enabling safe and efficient access for the workforce as well as all sorts of tools, machinery and scaffolding. Project completed successfully on time and on budget, with no cause for concern.
- - Rear mounted Hiab wagon
- - Bespoke designed 150 square meter CUBISYSTEM pontoon(s).
- - A Rigiflex vessel coupled with a 15hp engine.
- - 2 RYA Certified Operatives
How to book your pontoon hire
Get in touch
No job too large, or too small.. We are more than happy to discuss our Walkways and Gangways services with you as well as give you a breakdown of costs. To get in touch, you can either use our website enquiry form, or telephone us directly to speak with one of our floating pontoon technicians.
GET IN TOUCH:
Office: 01206 382317 or Ben Clegg: 07530 838766